Saturday, May 30, 2015

BellyLorna's Bedla Bonanza.. No.4 Red Velvet Tartan Costume for Sale


I am proud of being Scottish. I am proud of being the only Scot to have ever danced professionally in Cairo and I am proud to be the only British dancer currently doing so too!

However, I also love Egypt. I have already lived here for 9 years. I feel it is a part of me.

My Tartan collection of costumes epitomises that blend of Scotland and Egypt. The Tartan bellydance costume.

In my wisdom it did not occur to me that a heavy velvet would not be the best material to wear in the Cairo heat... so sadly this beautiful costume has not had as many outings as it deserves.

No.4

Red Velvet Tartan

The red is a deep blood red (sorry for the less than perfect photos if it looks anything other than that!) the Tartan is a silk material that I brought to Egypt from Scotland.
I had the talented Eman Zaki create this Exclusive costume for me and I love it. In fact, if it doesn't sell I will not be upset! Its just too damn hot here to give it the airing it deserves! This is a completely unique costume.
The cup is rather small, currently padded, so would fit perhaps a larger cup size than me without the padding, or happily smaller if you like less bulge!
The sleeves are long and complete the costume beautifully. Making it elegant and expensive looking.
The fitted shorts make you feel really secure in it despite the high side splits on both sides. (I love having the splits on both sides as it allows it to flare, as do the tartan strands, when you spin)

Bring out the Braveheart in you.....

Asking price   £250  / $380   (excluding postage)










The following photos were actually taken in Scotland, on Portobello beach after an art project there that had recreated the Giza Pyramids out of sandbags on the beach! you can see that the local kids loved playing on them!!!




(Veil not included with Costume sale!)

1 comment:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

I love how you blended Scotland with Egypt with this striking costume. Beautiful as always.