Thursday, June 12, 2014

The Blue/Green Red Sea

Last weekend I went down to El Gouna for a little holiday. It was my first time there. My friend Ellie was booked to sing at a wedding there and I decided to go along for the ride. It's always good to get out of Cairo from time to time, just so you appreciate it more where you come back of course!

Go Bus left at 7am. not a time in the morning I am usually awake for.. but at least we discovered that the bus was actually stopping in el Gouna and not going directly to Hurghada as we had previously thought, the 5 hours were worth it (although please someone tell my why the bus AC has to be turned up so damn high? Egypt is the only country where in 40deg temp you need a wooly jumper to sit in a bus or in a cinema!)

The setting for the wedding was idyllic and we met some really lovely people there. The Bride made her entrance by boat, to the rocky theme tune, then the happy couple met and went straight to the dance floor for their first dance, 'All of me' sung by Ellie and I swear there wasn't a dry eye in the house (well , garden). mind you, I wouldn't have been able to see said dry eyes since my own were blocked by emotion too!!!




Othere than that, for me, the best thing overall about the trip was the sea. Just look at it....




We had a whole day just bobbing about on, and in, this!



What dream world is this to have landed in, where I have friends with yachts? No, Not questioning it... just accepting and enjoying...!



My soul is refreshed...


but I have to admit... after only one day like this.. I did find it a little difficult to head back to my beloved Cairo. I suspect I will be seeing more sea soon....



No comments: