Monday, February 22, 2010

a first...

I've never before decided to share a video clip that i have had taken of myself before today... Ever my own worst critic, I am never content with what i have done. So I have decided that this is not a healthy way to be and trying to change that!

I performed on Saturday night at a Sudanese Wedding,at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, here in Cairo. It was a fabulous event... with a very warm and welcoming crowds from Cairo, Sudan and Canada... amoungst other countries!

The zeffa started with the bagpipes- i tried to get a photo, but it didn't come out very well...

in fact the video clip i have uploaded onto youtube hasn't the best image quality either- and i will try to get that rectified if i can.... but in the meantime here you go- hot off the press- a performance not even 2 days old!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YkPvKXQInE


So......... considering i had never before even met those particular backing dancers, and despite my band forgetting my stick, the one thing I asked them to bring for me, and despite having a small girl with mobile in my face all the time, who I quite frankly lost my affection for throughout the course of my performance and wanted to have cross words with her parents.....

i think it looks ok......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that little girl was allowed to run riot like that - you must be a saint to not have accidentally knocked her with your stick

Miss Vena said...

You looked great and gracious. Shane that little girl got in the way. She should have been shimmied off!