Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rest

Finally!!!

What a week!!! Christmas is a wonderful time to head back to Scotland, because lots of people are home so its easy to meet up with everyone… unless of course the snow is so bad that its not safe to drive anywhere and you end up sitting home a lot…. Which is unfortunately, what happened most of the time! It didn’t help that my mobile phone refused to receive and send text messages…… amazing how much I rely on technology!

Despite the weather, which I am REALLY not used to, there were some special moments in the week. Thank you to those who made my time special- you all know who you are!

I managed to buy a new laptop, the idea being that the webcam will help me stay in better contact with my friends and family, and that now I have NO excuse not to organise my music properly! As a dancer it is really shocking how unorganised my music collection is- the number of songs listed as ‘track 1’, no artist, track or album name etc is scary. My resolution in 2010 is to get that sorted!!!! At this moment I am sitting in the comfy seats at Amsterdam airport have a play on said laptop just now during my 5hour wait for my Cairo connection!. Feels like the first time I have sat down all week!

Looking forward to New Year and all the fun that will be dashing between venues to perform (although of course the main event is the Nile Pharoah!)

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas- and in case things get hectic when I land back in Cairo and I don’t get a chance to write again this year- I wish you all the very best in 2010. I hope it is a wonderful year for you all and that you get, and take, the chance to realise your dreams.

2 comments:

A Daft Scots Lass said...

Seems you had tons of full. All the best for 2010.

Barbara said...

Too bad, I could've come down to the airport to keep you company while waiting and have a tea together (I always read your blog and I live in Amsterdam, so it would've been great to meet you in person).

Anyway, I wist you all the best and sana mubarak!